Galfer FA capsules contain two active ingredients, ferrous fumarate and folic acid. Ferrous fumarate is a form of iron and folic acid is a member of the B group of vitamins.
Benefits & Features
- Galfer Capsules are used to prevent and treat uncomplicated iron deficiencies (iron-deficiency anaemia).
- Galfer Capsules contain iron in the form of ferrous fumarate.
- Each capsule contains 305mg of ferrous fumarate(equivalent to 100mg elemental iron)
- The other ingredient is microcrystalline cellulose.
How to Take
- One Galfer FA capsule should be taken once a day, or as directed by your doctor.
- The medicine should be taken before food on an empty stomach. However, if the capsules upset your stomach, then you may take them with or after food.
- The absorption of iron may be reduced by tea, coffee, eggs and milk.
- You should avoid consuming these at the same time as taking Galfer FA capsules.
- The capsules should be swallowed whole and not chewed or broken.